Friday, January 11, 2013

Introduction

Hi, my name is Kay, and I've recently been approved for ordination in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA, or, the really big Lutheran denomination in the USA).  I look forward to starting to interview at churches for a call starting in March, or thereabouts.  My husband and I live in Minnesota and hope to be staying fairly nearby so he can keep his job.

The name of this blog comes from my favorite Bible verse, Romans 8:21.  The first time I remember reading that verse I was reading the NKJV, so while I normally prefer the NRSV translation, the way the verse is phrased in that more old-fashioned translation remains stuck in my head: "...because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

The creation is us.  Thanks be to God.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of liturgy, theology, hymns, and all sorts of other things.  I'm not really sure how I'll be using this blog yet.  I'm currently in a year-long read-through of Augustine's City of God, so I may wind up pontificating on that here.  When I have an office again and can unpack my books, I can go through and do some reviews.  (I'm particularly looking forward to getting out my Phyllis Tickle books and taking another shot at praying the hours.)  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment