1. What's your favorite book?Not counting the Bible, in terms of "what book do I take with me on road trips because I know I'm almost always willing to open it to a random page and read awhile", the answer is Dune, by Frank Herbert. Though I can't stand the sequels. I'm still finding new layers in it, having read it first over ten years ago.
2. With what fictional character do you most identify?...right this second? Because that answer changes regularly. Lately I've been identifying a lot with the gifs on the "Everyday I'm Pastoring" Tumblr. I suppose Nita Callahan, from the Young Wizards books? There are so few female clergy, and they're never married, and clergy in general are usually incompetent or evil, and if not, they're old men.
3. If you could throw a dinner party and invite five people, real or fictional, from any moment in human history, who would you invite?I've always wanted to see what Elizabeth Bennett, Anne Shirley, and Jane Eyre would make of each other. For a bit of a modern addition I'd throw in Katharine and Audrey Hepburn, I think that'd be a fascinating dinner conversation.
4. What's your favorite place to pray / meditate / engage in spiritual practice?Anywhere with stained glass windows. I'm something of an iconoclast, but wow, I love stained glass windows- the really good ones from years ago, not the ones that got made a lot in the '90s and tend to look a bit like a child's tissue paper art project. They add such warmth and reverence and charisma to a worship space.
5. What's something you're hoping for in 2013?I hope to be ordained! God bless!